1. Let him who has courage in his mind and love in his heart come with me.
2. Guru-Bhakti is the foundation of all spiritual development.
3. Give me a genuine man; I do not want masses of converts.
4. Once you have pledged your faith to a particular teacher, stick to him with all force.
5. Nothing can be done without a Guru.
6. One’s destiny is in one’s own hands----------------the Guru only makes this much understood.
7. Mind you, the Guru-Bhakta will conquer the world------------this is the one evidence of history.
8. Know it for certain that without steady devotion for the Guru, and unflinching patience and perseverance, nothing is to be achieved.
9. The Guru has to bear the disciple’s burden of sin.
10. The power that can transform life in a moment can be found only in the living illuminated souls, those shinning lights who appear among us from time to time.
11. Find the teacher, serve him as a child, open your heart to his influence, see in him God manifested.
12. One touch, one glance, can change a whole life.
13. Without an unbroken chain of discipleship-------------------Guruparampara---------------------nothing can be done.
14. A mere talker cannot be the Guru.
15. The Guru is the conveyance in which the spiritual influence is brought to you.
16. Nothing, I say, can be done without the chain of discipleship, that is, the power that is transmitted from the Guru to the disciple, and from him to his disciple, and so on.
17. The Guru is the means of realisation.
18. The first thing needed is obedience.
19. The disciple must have great power of endurance. Bear all evil and misery without one thought of unhappiness, resistance, remedy, or retaliation. That is true endurance, and that you must acquire.
20. Such is the Guru--------------------“Who has himself crossed the terrible ocean of life; and without any idea of gain to himself, helps others also to cross the ocean.” This is the Guru, and mark that none else can be a Guru.
1. The first requisite for organisation is obedience.
2. Even if the order be wrong, first obey and then contradict it.
3. Great enterprise, boundless courage, tremendous energy, and above all, perfect obedience-----------these are the only traits that lead to individual and national regeneration.
4. Learn obedience first.
5. You must be as free as the air, and as obedient as the plant and the dog.
6. He who knows how to obey, knows how to command. Learn obedience first. Everyone can play the role of a master, but it is very difficult to be a servant.
1. A mass of reading does not make men; those who were real men were made so by personal contact.
2. The Highest way & the only way to………...
It is the life that is the highest and the only way to stir the hearts of people; it carries the personal magnetism.